Crafts on Screen. Friends!
Spotted Phoebe learning to knit in Friends the other day…
Then I found this clip & thought you might appreciate it. For all you crafters out there that struggle with knitting…
You are not alone.
Crafts Round-up 011. (The YouTube edition!)
1. KNITTING PRINTER!
2. Real Men Knit! (Do you need any other description? These guys are great!)
3. Life Scouts! An amazing idea started by Alex Day (A YouTuber). It’s a tumblr thing, but it’s also a life thing. Share which badges you’ve got & the stories behind them. As a lover of all hobbies, we love this idea!
Crafts on Screen- Harry Potter!
Okay, all you nerds out there that have read the books will know that Hermione starts a project called ‘Hats For Houselves’ which was really disappointing when it wasn’t included in the movies. But there are plenty of other knitting references to be getting on with.
There are an impossible amount of knitted garments in the movies. Maybe we’ll do a post about those later. But in the meantime, I’ve got to say my favourite knitting reference (besides the obvious Dumbledore one in Half Blood Prince) is this:
Chamber of Secrets. At the Burrow. These lovely needles are charmed to knit away on their own! Mrs. Weasley is so clever.
P.S. I found a whole bunch of great links, here are a couple:
-Want to knit something from Harry Potter? Check out the Leaky Cauldron’s list of Potter crafts!
-Have you seen this book? Charmed Knits.
-More Harry Potter Patterns!!!!
-A brilliant live journal with fan knits!
Crafts Round-up 010.
1. 5 Tips for designing your blog by Miss Indie.
2. “Hand over your fairy cakes” Cool Jewellery to be inspired!
3. For food yummies, household tips and local haunts, check out Pennyring.
4. Want to learn to Crochet but not sure how? Check out The Curious Pug for Crochet Tutorial videos!
5. Knitty.com a great resource for knitters!
Crafts On Screen. M*A*S*H*
It’s one thing to see a great knit sweater on the tele. It’s another thing to see some yarn in the background of your favourite movie. But when a character that you’ve always loved is suddenly picking up needles and knitting in a scene- well, that just makes my heart flutter. Even better (and more unusual) if it’s a guy!
I really love that the creators of M*A*S*H* put in that Hawkeye knits, and gets BJ to help out. Not only because they are hands-down the funniest guys on the show, but also because it’s historically accurate! For hundreds (maybe even thousands) of years, during war time, soldiers took up the art of handicrafts to help pass the time, and also as a form of therapy and healing.-Kim xo
Have you seen us in these Magazines?
Just wanted to stop in to say that recently we’ve been in a number of great magazines! Here are a few:If you’ve seen Hobzy in one of these, and that’s why you’re here- Welcome! It’s nice to meet you. Make sure you sign up and upload some of your projects so we can see what you’re working on.
Crafts Round-up 009.
My Ron Weasley knitted blanket so far. How to here.
Looking great! Love seeing knits from on screen in reality!